638 West Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13204-2304
Phone: (315) 471-8521
Nick Orso's Body Shop in Central New York has been a mainstay for collision, painting and restoration service for 58 years. Nick Orso's Body Shop has developed a reputation for those seeking professional automotive service and for assisting consumers through the claims process.
Nick Orso's is one of the oldest independent body shops in Syracuse and still operates on the belief of personalized customer service and craftsmanship handed down by our founder. A rich past of unparalleled work ethic has allowed us to serve generations of repeat customers. Because our core of skilled craftsman has been with us for over 25 years, consumers who demand perfection are able trust our expertise and attention to detail.
Nick Orso's is a certified collision repair shop by a peer review board. Nick's is not just your average body shop; Nick Orso's does some things most other shops simply can't.
- Collision Repair: Our large 25,000 sq. ft. facility allows us to lead the industry with state of the art equipment and green technology other shops only dream of.
- Painting: Two Saico-Zero down-draft baking spray booths with ultra efficient heating systems help cure paint finishes that closely match the factory finishes on today's vehicles. The paint operations omit the absolute minimum pollution in VOC and C02. Our NAPA National Lifetime-Limited warranty and Martin-Senour Vortex Waterborne paint system makes us one of the most eco-friendly auto body shops in NY State. Martin Senior Vortex is recognized by most new car manufactures as equivalent.
- Customer Representation: As an independent body shop our judgment is not affected by lopsided decisions some insurance companies make. We cater to consumers who look for help after a collision. Many consumers don't know they have a right to choose their own shop, and deserve one who will work to return the vehicle to pre-accident condition. Consumers can select Nick Orso's as their "Designated Representative" where we can handle the vast majority of settling insurance property claims.
- Legal Assistance: At Nick Orso's we may very well be the only collision shop in the country with an in-house legal department with an attorney on staff that is ready to assist in claims collection.
- Mechanical Department: A full mechanical department with Hunter Sonic Four Wheel Alignment machine capable of diagnosing and completing sophisticated alignments on stability controlled vehicles as well as traction based all wheel drive vehicles.
- Tire maintenance: Our Nitro-Fill program compliments our sonic "road-simulating" wheel balancing equipment and full service tire sales and installation service. Fill your vehicles tires with Nitrogen to increase gas mileage and minimize flat spots and leakage. Nitrogen benefits include; reducing the weight and friction of your tires. Tires last longer and wheels are less likely to rust or corrode from the moisture trapped inside. NitroFill service comes with a free one-year roadside assistance package. Visit www.nickorso.com and click on the NITROFILL link for more detailed information.
- Detailing Service: Our detailing department is equipped to clean cars and trucks in and out including polishing exteriors and steam extraction shampooing rugs, seats and headliners. Our ozone injection will deodorize vehicles of stubborn odors such as smoke or environmental origin.
- Rust Repair: With our Rustbusters Spray Welder technology we are able to repair rust on most vehicles. This technology can fill rusted areas with new zinc-rich metal. This technology allows us to restore your vehicle with confidence. Not all rust repairs are practical or cost effective. Options can be discussed upon inspection.
- Wet Blasting: Nick Orso is proud to announce the addition of wet blasting. Wet blasting is the newest technology of paint, coatings and rust removal on the market today. Wet blasting uses water and recycled glass to efficiently remove paint and coatings from metal, aluminum, without warping. Fiberglass cars and boats can be stripped. Trucks, trailers and heavy equipment cleaned of grease rust and paint. Wet blasting is most effective on Graffiti removal from brick, block and concrete. Resurfacing of wood siding and even log homes with surface ready to stain or repaint. Wet blasting is eco-friendly and approved under Title 17 for most applications. We can assist "Do-It-Yourself" projects, stop by or call today.
While we are not the only collision repair shop in Syracuse, New York to adopt green attitudes to automotive repair; we are in fact the only Collision facility in Syracuse to harvest 80% of our required electric from 270 solar cells attached to our roof. This not only reduces our carbon footprint, it also allows us to participate in preserving our earth's resources.
In October 2011 Nick Orso's received an NYS Assembly Citation for our efforts in investing in "Clean Green Technology" lessoning our dependence on the power grid and fossil fuels. Get the full story Here
When it comes to collision repair, at Nick Orso's we feel that there are certain facts every consumer needs to know: For example, many insurance companies will attempt to steer consumers to a specific shop to control all aspects of the repair including repair parts and procedure decisions that may very well affect your safety and factory warranty. This practice can often result in repairs, which are incomplete, or unsafe. No one should ever have to accept a cut-rate repair because of insurance limitations.
The most important thing to remember is that your insurance company owes to restore your vehicle to Pre-Accident Condition. If you receive what could be a low-ball quote from an insurance company or an insurance program body shop. Don't just accept it without a second opinion from Nick Orso's. It's prudent to consider the motive and source of any offer; are they restoring the vehicle with factory original parts? Are they willing to explain how they determined what repairs are necessary? Are they consulting a source that follows manufacturer recommended repairs? Is the work guaranteed and backed-up in writing? Are the proposed repairs a reflection of the best practices or of a cost cutting directive? Who does the cost cutting benefit?
Another fun thing about Nick Orso's is our history of producing award winning Corvettes, Hot Rods, Customs and Muscle Cars. For all lovers of classic vehicles we are the place to come to. Muscle cars and hot-rods are our link to the history of the automobile and take us back to an era when vehicles represented the personality of their drivers. So whether you need collision repair or a new paint job or maybe you're planning a restoration. Nick Orso's is the place to talk to in the planning stage.
Feel free to contact us by phone, email or in person if you have any questions at all. We will be glad to help you with anything we can. Our customers say it best when they say; "Just call Nick Orso's."